Case Study: The Strategy Tripod and MNE Strategy-Structure Approach
Research a major multinational firm (MNE) of your choice. Include in your research the characteristics the major industry(s) it competes in as well as the MNE’s global rivals. Avoid selecting a multinational conglomerate to avoid an unnecessarily complex analysis. Answer the following questions:
- Which of the four multinational strategies is the MNE pursuing?
- What organizational structure has it developed?
- Considering the three legs of the strategy tripod, evaluate the “strategic fit” and alignment of the MNE’s strategy-structure multinational approach?
- Does this approach offer any innovation or learning advantages over the approaches of the MNEs top rivals?
MNE 2012 Annual Report and media releases
- Company information: OneSource
- Industry information: Net Advantage and MarketLine
Commentary may include Reuters, WSJ, Financial Times, or industry-related publications