U.S. Stock Market Trends” Please respond to the following:
- From the e-Activities, based on your review of the Dow Jones Industrial Average performance trends from 1900 to the present, what conclusions can you draw and how may this impact your future decision to invest in the Dow Jones Index or companies. Provide support for your decision.
- Based on your review of the current company composition of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, evaluate the company you believe creates the most and least value to the index. Provide a rationale for your decision.
“Managing Corporate Earnings” Please respond to the following:
- Evaluate the environmental factors that contribute to corporate management’s need to manage corporate earnings to align with market expectations, indicating the potential long- term risks to financial performance and sustainability.
- Assess the ethical complexities related to managing corporate earnings, determining whether or not investors and stakeholders are accepting of this behavior. Assuming that you are in a position to make corporate financial decisions, how likely are you to engage in earnings management and why?
- Review the Dow Jones Industrial Average historic trends from 1900 to the present at http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/historical/djia1900.html.
- Review the current company composition of the Dow Jones Industrial Average at http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/stocks/movers/dow/.