Paper should be at least 750 words and try to keep it under 1000 words (The Word Count DOES NOT INCLUDE the Question Section #6, these would be additional.) Present a short formal analysis of deChant’s Primer. Students with last name between A – L were assigned Chapter 3 entitled, Secularization and students with last name between M- Z were assigned Chapter 4 entitled, The Secularization Dispute and Beyond: Religion and Western Culture Today). The paper must do the following:
- Offer a brief sketch (summary/overview) of the reading, including note of topic, major sections, and subsections.
- Specify the primary focus of the chapter and how it is addressed. Think about this as the question the author is trying to answer, problem to be solved, issue to clarified.
- Identify at least three key terms and concepts (other than religion) used by the author, note their meaning, and explain how author uses them to develop the Chapter.
- Specify the author’s most important points (at least two) and explain why they are important.
- Explain what the author is saying about religion and secularization.
- Create ten different original questions with answers related to the Chapter material BUT DO NOT PRINT ANSWERS – you will use them to grade student responses from Peer Review.