• Outsourcing is when a business obtains services or products used in manufacturing, such as parts for a television set, from an outside (often overseas) supplier or manufacturer in order to cut costs.
• Offshore Companies conduct most of their business outside of the country in which they are incorporated. These companies are also known as non-resident companies.
• Push Production is when manufacturers of products decide what to produce, how much to produce and the price of the product.
• Pull Production is when retailers determine what the manufacturer will produce, how much to produce and the price of the product Wal-Mart Good For America? Video Questions
Google/Bing- PBS Frontline Is Walmart Good for America 88:30 mins
Part I. Answer the following questions as you view the documentary:
1. What did you notice at the Wal-Mart shareholders meeting? do you think this is different from other shareholders meeting? If yes, in what ways?
2. How is Wal-Mart able to keep track of its inventory? Why is this important? List the effects this has on producer?
3. Trace the decline of Rubbermaid from 1994-2004. What factors most contributed to this decline?
4. What is an opening price point? How does it influence sales?
(APA FORMAT….EACH QUESTION SHOULD BE A PARAGRAPH LONG)!!!