Watch This Film Is Not Yet Rated (Parts ONE and TWO which is linked from this first page) and:
- NC-17 used to be known as what rating?
- The current rating system is described by Jon Lewis as what?
- Who/what organization gives the ratings?
- What are some impacts of ratings on films?
- What does “independent” mean?
- What role was played by Will Hays?
- Who was Jack Valenti? What organization did he start/head and what did/does it do? And who do they serve?
- What is meant by describing the film industry as a set of “vertically integrated monopolies?”
- What was the “Blacklist?”
- What is more likely to receive an NC-17 rating, a violence or sex?
- What is the relationship between Hollywood and the military?
- Describe the relationship represented between Hollywood and elected officials/politicians/
- To whom are copyright “pirates” compared?
- What rating does this film receive?