You are consulting for a firm that wants to export from the United States to Poland
The firm we’ll call Link Snack, Inc. and it wants to export packaged Jack Link’s Beef Jerky (http://www.jacklinks.com/). Presume each package costs $1.00.
Link Snack, Inc. needs you to find some information that will help them evaluate the profitability of exporting their products.
They need to know:
(1) How Poland would classify/categorize their product for the purpose of determining import tariffs. (Tariffs may be called other names such as duties or taxes in different countries)
(2) What import tariffs would apply and how much would they be on the product.
(3) As this is food product, any packaging and labeling requirements there would be.
For each question, they need a brief response by you and a web link to the resource information you used to make your response. Particularly helpful are web links provided by Poland
The following websites may be of assistance:
* United States Department of Agriculture – Exporting Products:
* Country Commercial Guides
http://www.export.gov/ (Under the “Locations” tab, find “your country.”)
* Poland’s trade websites
Review the submissions your peers made in Post 1. Choose one of your peer’s countries (a different one than you have used previously).
Use the website the Observatory of Economic Complexity (http://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/) to identify a lesser known good that country exports (other than petroleum products).
Read “What is Counter Trade” at http://www.barternewsweekly.com/2010/03/what-is-counter-trade/ .
“Your country” wants to countertrade that “lesser known good” you selected above for $100,000 worth of Jack Link’s Beef Jerky. They obviously want more than $100,000 worth of it. How does Link Snack, Inc. go about determining how much of that “lesser known good” they need to take in exchange?
In post 2, you can choose any country you want and write about it. Please include the sources/references for each post.