Over time, there have been many challenges and changes in the laws governing drugs and alcohol. Drugs have been of particular interest to legislative bodies since the 1950s.
Discuss the historical context of drug laws such as the Harrison Act of 1914, the Marihuana Tax Act of 1937 and the Federal Controlled Substances Act.
- Why have these laws changed over time?
- Has the Supreme Court heard any challenges to these laws?
- What is the Court’s opinion and interpretation of these laws?
- What agencies have been developed to deal with violations of these laws?
- Do you think all drug laws are effective? Why or why not?
This paper should not be written as a list; rather the information should be put into a discussion paper demonstrating that you understand the issues surrounding this topic.
Your response should be written in APA format with proper in-text references as well as a separate “reference” page. It should be a minimum of 1 full page not including the reference page.