Assignment 4: Part D: Your Marketing Plan – Video Presentation
Due Week 10 and worth 200 points
Imagine that you are pitching your hypothetical service-based company’s marketing plan to the Shark Tank Team for possible investment. Use a tablet, smartphone, laptop, desktop, or traditional video recorder to record a three to five (3-5) minute dynamic video in which you present your full marketing plan from Assignments 1, 2, and 3.
Note: If you are using a tablet or smartphone you will need to email the video file to yourself, then save it to a computer in order to upload to Blackboard. You may want to upload your video to a file sharing service, such as Dropbox, if your email will not let you send a large video file. Dropbox is accessible from all smartphones and tablets from the Dropbox app.
Once you are ready to upload your video to Blackboard, please use the following naming convention in the popup window for your video once it is finished uploading:
- Title: Your First Name, Your Last Name – Shark Tank Investment Video Pitch
- Tags: MKT500, Shark Tank
- Description: First Name, Last Name – MKT500 Assignment 4 (Date Uploaded ex. 5-23-2014)
Note: Check with your professor for any additional instructions. If you do not have access to a video camera or necessary hardware to complete this assignment, please contact your professor.
Note: If you receive an “Error while uploading” message and you are unable to upload your video file, let your instructor know right away. You can send the file in an alternate way such as sending it to your instructor’s email via a file sharing service such as Google Drive, or you can upload your video file to a video sharing service such as YouTube and then send the link to your instructor to view it from. If your video is unable to upload to any of these sources either, your computer may have insufficient bandwidth to upload video, and you should copy the file to a thumb drive and send it from a different computer or mobile device.
Tips to prepare for your video:
- Create note cards
- Practice in front of a mirror and / or friends
- Review materials thoroughly
- Be persuasive
- Be professional
- Be creative
- Have fun!
Create a two to five (2-5) minute video presentation in which you:
- Present the major points of your marketing plan.
- Project your voice in order to clearly convey your ideas.
- Present in a professional manner.
- Use technology (e.g., i.e. audio quality, video quality, naming conventions) to convey ideas.
- Use voice inflection and proper grammar.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the marketing framework including the concepts of the 5Cs, STP, and 4Ps.
- Develop strategies to assess performance and achieve marketing goals.
- Create an effective marketing plan.
- Examine the marketing science of customer behavior and products in the marketing exchange process and create dynamic strategies for competing.
- Evaluate the basis for market segmentation and approaches to segmentation.
- Evaluate target customer segments and positioning products within these segments.
- Develop branding strategies for existing and new products.
- Develop pricing strategies and distribution channels for products.
- Analyze integrated marketing communications and its relationship to advertising strategy.
- Evaluate marketing research tools involved in the marketing process.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in marketing management
Note: All I want built is a power point with video’s included within it “in reference to selling my product of Essex”. I plan on placing my voice within the back ground for the presentation.