Read the article titled “When Stuxnet Hit the Homeland: Government Response to the Rescue,” from ABC News, located at http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/06/when-stuxnet-hit-the-homeland-government-response-to-the-rescue/ and consider this threat in terms of incident response and recovery procedures.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Explain the role of US-CERT in protecting the nation’s industrial systems and analyze its efforts in relation to preparedness and incident and recovery management.
- Discuss the efforts of ICS-CERT specifically to the Stuxnet threat and examine its incident response efforts to mitigate this risk against U.S. industrial systems.
- With the sophistication of the primary sites of industrial system implementations, determine whether or not alternate sites (e.g., hot site) are feasible for organizations that utilize ICS technologies. Provide a rationale.
- Explain the high-level planning needed for an industrial systems organization that utilizes ICS technologies to prepare for attacks from cyber threats such as Stuxnet.
- Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.